Chicken Tacos With Green Salad And Lime Juice
- 8 oz raw chicken breast cut in log strips
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (available at any supermarket or mince your own garlic cloves)
- 1 cup pre-cut Mexican vegetables (look for the pre-cut onions, green peppers found at produce section of most supermarkets)
- 1 small tomato, finely cut
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- 4 corn tortillas (6" in)
- Coat skillet lightly with cooking spray. Add vegetables and cook until golden brown.
- Add chicken and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add tomato, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin. Mix well and cook until 4-5 minutes.
- While cooking, warm the tortillas in a hot skillet.
- Place the tortillas in a plate and fill with the chicken mixture.
- Serve with green salad and top with lime juice.
For the new or busy cook: Buy rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken.
For the more experienced cook: Cut your own vegetables to save money and add freshness.