A Whole Health Approach to Diabetic Services
Our Endocrinology Clinic is composed of Endocrinologists and Dieticians.
Diabetes Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment
Diabetes is a disease that affects your body's glucose levels. This is especially important because glucose, or blood sugar, is what the body uses to fuel the brain and feed the cells that build muscle. If blood sugar is not balanced, it could cause serious health issues. Diabetes is classified by type and is diagnosed by endocrinologists.
Endocrinology: Evaluate, Diagnose and Treat
Endocrinology is a medical specialty that focuses on treating conditions involving the endocrine system. The endocrine system is comprised of the body's endocrine glands, which control the body's hormones. Endocrinologists then treat the conditions that are related to hormonal imbalances in our bodies.
Our Endocrinology Clinic is composed of Board-Certified Endocrinologists and Registered Dietitians that provide expert medical care and education to help you manage your diabetes and diabetic complications. The endocrinologists at Larkin Community Hospital believe in a whole health approach to diabetic treatment.
For Diabetes Medication Prescription and Refills
Just click the button below.
- Diabetic Medications
- Education and Prevention
- Physical Activity
- Nutritional Diets (Healthy Living By Larkin)
- Portion control
- Avoiding alcohol and smoking
- Choosing and using glucose monitors to test your glucose level daily
- Managing blood sugar to control damage to end organs
- Monitoring renal function
- Weight-loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Adjustable Gastric Band
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (Tube Gastrectomy)
Signs and Symptoms
- Numbness or tingling sensations in the hands or feet (Type 2)
- Sexual Disorder
- Urinating often
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurred Vision
- Constantly hungry or thirsty
- Unexpected weight loss (Type 1)
- Wounds heal slowly
- Cardiovascular disease
- Coronary heart disease
- Nerve Damage (Peripheral Neuropathy)
- Foot Damage
- Eye damage or complications (Retinopathy)
- Skin disorders
- Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathy)
- Cerebrovascular Disease
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism | Larkin Health Please Visit or Call The Following Facilities.
Physicians Treating Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism | Larkin Health.