Is it Just an Allergy?
Larkin Outpatient Multi-Specialty Center can help you find out.
Diagnosis and Treatment For Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
A division of Larkin Community Hospital was established as the Allergy, Asthma and Immunology specialty clinic providing service at two locations with clinics in South Miami and Palm Springs (Hialeah) campuses. Our goal is to provide patients with evidence based comprehensive care in diagnosing and treating all allergic and immunologic diseases.
Allergists specialize in diseases of the immune system. These include asthma, all types of allergies, and various other problems of the immune system. Allergists can also treat your symptoms with immune agents that help control your symptoms, or may even eliminate them! We are able to provide allergen Immunotherapy, a process in which we teach your immune system to naturally reduce its symptoms and help you get off medicati ons.
When should I see an Allergist?
Anytime! especially if you suspect you may be allergic to something such as food, pollens, dust, or medications. Also if you suspect you have one of the various kinds of asthma, which may be caused from your pets, outdoor environment, or even exercise.
We provide services to pediatric and adult patients with a wide array of diseases, including but not limited to:
- Seasonal and chronic allergy to indoor and outdoor allergens including tree and grass pollens, mold, dust, cats, dogs, cockroaches etc.
- Food allergy (testing and oral challenge)
- Asthmatics including both allergic and non-allergic asthma variation
- Unexplained rash including hives (urticaria)
- Contact allergy to common household chemicals and occupational exposure
- Angioedema (unexplained swelling) - both hereditary and non-hereditary type
- Patients with immunodeficiencies such as Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID), X-linked agammaglobulinemia etc.
Testing and Treatments
Our Clinic also provides a wide variety of testing and treatments, including but not limited to:
- Skin prick testing and interpretation of blood test to a wide range of allergens and appropriate diagnosis of allergic diseases; including both food and environmental allergies.
- Subcutaneous immunotherapy (Allergy Shots) for chronic diseases.
- Asthma testing including pulmonary function testing, spirometry and treatments including use of inhalers, asthma action plan and routine follow up for chronic disease management.
- Cutting edge asthma treatments with all FDA approved biologics (Xolair, Nucala, Fasenra, Dupixent)
- Food allergy testing and oral challenge with appropriate counseling
- Patch testing
- Penicillin allergy testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of immunodeficiency including immunoglobulin replacement therapy.
Education and Teaching
Larkin allergy also provides graduate medical education including a two year Osteopathic Allergy and Immunology fellowship accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
The fellows are board certified in Internal Medicine seeking subspecialty training in Allergy and Immunology. Our fellows have a 100% success rate in passing the Allergy/Immunology board certification exam upon successfully completing the training program at Larkin Community Hospital and becoming a board certified allergist/immunologist.
Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology | Larkin Health Please Visit or Call The Following Facilities.
Physicians Treating Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology | Larkin Health.